Monday, August 25, 2008

Bienvenue!

You are probably wondering if I speak French.  Well, I don't.  I just like to say words that I think sound cool, and once in awhile they actually make sense.  I just had to google that word (bienvenue) and it does mean welcome in French.  Sweet.

I am not really a dumb blonde.  If you don't know me, my name is Maureen.  I grew up in Michigan and miss it up there.  I have memories of living in the same house in Novi, Michigan for... well... 13 years.  I'm not sure if my kids will have the same experience, since my husband, J, and I both like change and like to "be on the move".  

I love my family more than anything and now I have a reason to blog - my kids.  I started writing in a journal for my son, Jeffrey (The "J" in "PB & J") as soon as he was born.  (Actually a few days before he was born)  I wanted to keep track of all of the funny things that he says and things that he does so that he can look back and laugh at himself, and probably be embarrassed too.  I have done a pretty good job keeping up with it, but then P was born.  My sweet Pea... Pierson Burke.  (The "PB" in "PB & J")  I started trying to write in both journals, and well,.. my hand just started hurting - I didn't know if I should write in Pierson's or Jeffrey's when there is something to tell about both of them.  So... I got the idea to start this.  Faster (b/c I type lightning speed!) and easier, and everyone can read my diary.  Fun.

I am NOT a good writer.  In fact, I'm a horrible writer and I don't really know when to start a new paragraph, or how to start a journal entry and end it w/ it all "flowing".  Oh well... hopefully this will be "readable". 

I have to give credit where credit is due.  My sister, Carolyn (very witty gal, I might say), came up with "PB &J" for the name of my clothing line (yet to be introduced).  So I have it patented/copyrighted so don't even THINK about taking that name.  Taken!
XOX

No comments: