Monday, August 25, 2008

Peanut

My little peanut.  Pierson is so sweet.  We do call him Peanut or sweet pea.  Either makes sense b/c his name starts w/ a P.  I did eat a lot of peanut butter when I was pregnant too.

I wanted to just make a little list of his "new things":
-Pushing off w/ his hands really well.... and rolling all over the place.  He can end up at the opposite side of the room in a moment.
-He actually started putting his feet down and "walking" up us if we are holding him and in his crib he did that too... it looked like he was about to start doing some baby yoga downward facing dog.
-Sleeps on his tummy.  The second you get him in the crib he takes his big ole' thigh and shifts and rolls on over to his belly.  Then he cries b/c we left the room.  He is definitely going to have stranger anxiety and doesn't like his mommy to be out of sight.  
-LOVES to be held.  He will sit on my lap for hours, or lay his head on my shoulder.  He is really very cuddly.  Jeffrey did NOT like to be cuddled.  I swear, they are 2 different creatures.

My little Jeffrey.  Sweet most of the time ;-)  He has been saying the funniest stuff. 
-He was watching Superman w/ J and after it was over he said "I'm superman.  Super Jeffrey!" He was very proud to be "Super Jeffrey"
-He has been watching the Olympics w/ J and he told J before he went to bed "Someday I want to go to the olympics".  J had a conversation about that.  In the morning he said "I want to go to the olympics, mommy".  "and... and... and... everybody in the crowd saying "Go Jeffrey!"" (J must have told him that people would cheer for him.  So cute.
-I have been taking naps w/ Jeffrey.  He loves it!  I love it, too.  He naps, I nap and we both win.  (versus him throwing books around his room, going poop in his diaper (still wont poo much on the potty - ok TMI))
-Jeffrey starts a new preschool on next Tuesday.  Harrison preschool.  It is pretty much the bomb.  I had him on a waitlist for 3 days,... well only 2 days were available, but I took it.  It is SO great.  So many people on CharlotteMommies recommended it.  Very structured - has a bible study every week, the teachers are all very experienced and the rooms are decked to the nines!  Same with the hallway.  It just feels like a NEW great school!  Everything feels so clean and not outdated at all.  Its from 930-130 and then Pierson can join him when he is ready!

J and I are doing well.  We are building a screened in porch off the back of our house (when I say "we" I mean, Archadeck ;-))  Its very exciting.  I can't wait for it to be done.  We will be eating meals all the time out there - Jeffrey will love doing that.  Grandma Kathy always made lunch for them and they ate it on the patio, so this should be good.  Especially with the weather getting SO gorgeous!

No comments: